Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My passion

Business should never be personal, when you get to the point with business that it gets to personal to discuss it without personal feelings getting involved then more than likely your business will fail because of this. I walked away from 2 stores and a 3 story office in Philadelphia a few years back where we were grossing 300 thousand every 3 months because the business the business got personal by pulling a girlfriend into the picture and she was unable to separate our home life with our office life.

Im not saying that it cant be done im just saying that in most cases it doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. Businesses can work between a couple as long as both are business savvy....Plus ppl will use your services quicker when they know this is a husband and wife team..If one knows less than the other and refuse to be taught how it works, there will always be distinction between the two...I know from experience, I have an event management business and my husband has been a tire technician for 15 years. He gives me business insights from his tire business that I should use in my business but it dont work like that... And this is where we had our biggest disagreements all the time...He would have to know my business before he can see what its like...Thats like a Doctor telling a Lawyer about law or the other way around..

    ReplyDelete